ECCA 2021 – Webinar series on Climate Change Adaptation – 25 May-10 June 2021
ECCA is the main event in Europe dedicated to adaptation to climate change. The 2021 edition will be a virtual event, combining a series of webinars on pressing climate change adaptation challenges from 25 May to 10 June that will feed into a high-level conference on Tuesday 22 June. ECCA 2021 is co-organised by the European Commission, JPI Climate and three Horizon 2020 projects (SINCERE, CASCADES and RECEIPT). The audience will include researchers and adaptation experts, policy-makers, local authorities, practitioners in climate risks management, the private sector with a focus on businesses already engaged with and taking action on climate risk, NGOs, citizens organisations, youth and education organisations, community groups engaged in adaptation, communicators and all interested individuals.
- 25 May 2021 Financing climate action: from climate proofing investments to mobilising funds;
- 26 May 2021 Climate change and health: promoting wellbeing through climate action;
- 27 May 2021 Nature as a solution for resilience, mitigation, and sustainable development;
- 31 May 2021 360° view of climate impacts: experiencing the future to plan adaptation;
- 1 June 2021 Coping with sea level rise: strategies for coastal and island communities;
- 7 June 2021 Climate action exchange: sharing knowledge and experience of what works and does not yet work across the EU;
- 8 June 2021 At your service: climate knowledge and information as enablers of climate action;
- 9 June 2021 Acting locally: citizen engagement and community mobilisation; and
- 10 June 2021 Building back better: COVID recovery, resilience building and societal transformation.