Upcoming Workshop, Food, Drink and Agriculture Research and Innovation Opportunities | June 15th 2016 | Edinburgh
The Food, Drink and Agricultural industries are recognised as integral parts to Scotland’s and to Europe’s economy, both in terms of employment, GVA and scientific excellence.
Targeted research and innovation is key to the sector’s prosperity, growth, longevity and contribution to the wide-reaching societal challenges faced by the European population (i.e. food security, nutrition and maximising the use of the resources available).
This workshop will examine the upcoming funding opportunities for research and innovation in this important area. With a focus on:
- Crops and Livestock Health
- Organic farming, sustainable agriculture and farming systems
- Bio-based innovation
- Rural Renaissance (Fostering innovation and business opportunities)
- Research and innovation opportunities for SMEs
- International collaboration
The opportunities that will be discussed will include those within:
Horizon 2020 – the EU’s research and innovation programme
- Interreg : European Territorial Cooperation Programme
- Innovate UK: the UK's innovation funding agency
- Scotland Rural Development Programme (SRDP)
The workshop is open to all interested Scottish and UK stakeholders, including: academia, industry (large companies as well as SMEs), public sector stakeholders, research and technology organisations and NGOs.
For further information, or to express interest, please contact us via Horizon2020@scotent.co.uk.